We would all be surprised if they said we would use colorful keyboards 20 years ago. While some prefer backlit keyboard laptop because it needs a light at night, some gamers prefer it by finding it suitable for their style. We all see and follow the gaming rooms designed for enough gaming on the Internet (Especially e-sports players who live streaming on platforms such as twitch).
What’s a backlit keyboard laptop means?
The backlit keyboard is illuminated by LED lights, so no external lights are needed to view the keys. If you can’t type by touch, an illuminated keyboard is handy for working or playing games in dimly lit rooms.
Many backlit keyboards are aimed at the gaming market and include custom navigation or programmable keys. Some models are more extensive than standard keyboards to accommodate special functions and ambient buttons, and most have advanced features such as adjustable backlight levels for different ambient light conditions.
This article selected the most preferred backlit keyboard laptops and the cheapest laptops with a backlit keyboard.
Among backlit keyboard laptop models listed below, you will find models specific to gamers, office workers, or authors.
Best Laptop Models With Backlit Keyboard
1- Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop, 15.6 inches Full HD IPS Display $418 USD
Tip: Best Budget Laptop with a backlit keyboard.
The typing experience is very successful with the model with a backlit Num Pad, a full-fledged keyboard.
The 15.6-inch screen offers an IPS LCD panel and Full HD resolution. The screen experience is sufficient due to the IPS panel, and the brightness level is also enough for use under sunlight.
Finally, one of the issues that the device is ambitious about is battery time. Because a web usage exceeding 12-13 hours is offered, you can spend an office day with a single charge very comfortably.
- AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Dual Core Processor (Up to 3.5GHz); 4GB DDR4 Memory; 128GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 15.6 inches full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-backlit IPS display; AMD Radeon Vega 3 Mobile Graphics
- 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port, 2 USB 2.0 ports & 1 HDMI port with HDCP support
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi; Backlit Keyboard; Up to 7.5 hours battery life
- Windows 10 in S mode. Maximum power supply wattage: 65 Watts
2- ASUS Chromebook Flip C434 2-In-1 Laptop $549 USD
It can be a good choice for writers and students.
It’s nice to have the new Chromebook equipped with an illuminated keyboard with a 1.4mm keystroke. The C434 also has convincing features in terms of connections. There are two USB Type-CTM and one USB Type-A connectivity. Asus doesn’t cut things in half when it comes to sound either; The C434 has two speakers and a jack connector.
- The 14 inches Full HD Touchscreen NanoEdge display has a durable 360-degree hinge that can be used to flip the touchscreen display to the tent, stand and tablet mode.
- It is powered by the Intel Core m3-8100Y Processor (4M Cache, up to 3.4 GHz) for super-fast and snappy performance. If you use a ton of tabs or run lots of apps, this has the power to get it all done with ease.
- 4GB LPDDR3 RAM; 64GB eMM4GB LPDDR3 RAM; 64GB eMMC storage and 2x USB Type-C (Gen 1) and 1x USB Type-A (Gen 1) ports plus a backlit keyboard
3- Lenovo ThinkPad E15 15.6″ FHD Full HD (1920×1080) Business Laptop $898 USD
Best choice for business-related usage. Lenovo laptop with a backlit keyboard.
The sleek ThinkPad, encased in smart and robust aluminum, is designed for those who spend most of their day outdoors. Still, despite its eye-catching looks and impressive performance, it has an affordable price and offers real value for any small business.
With the 15.6 inches anti-glare screen, you will be able to see everything from presentations and spreadsheets to online conferences in exceptional detail. The ThinkPad E15 also offers optional widescreen In-Plane Switching (IPS) technology, ideal for creating and sharing content with others.
- 16GB DDR4 Memory, 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD, with bonus IST HDMI Cable
- Intel 10th Gen Core i5-10210U (4 cores eight threads, base clock speed 1.6GHz, max turbo to 4.2GHz, 6MB L3 Cache)
- The Latest ThinkPad E-series E15, A Successor to E590, Features 15.6″ Full HD (1920×1080) TN Anti-glare 220nits Display, Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620 – Supports external digital monitor via HDMI or USB Type-C, Max external digital monitor resolution: 4K(3840×2160)
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen1 Type-C (Power Delivery and DisplayPort), 2 x USB 3.1 Gen1 (1 always on), 1 x USB 2.0, 1 x HDMI 1.4b, 1 x RJ-45, 1 x Audio Combo Jack, Non-Backlit Keyboard, Fingerprint
- Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, Ideal for Student, Home, Professionals, Small Business, and School Education
4- Asus ROG Strix G (2019) Gaming Laptop, 15.6” IPS Type FHD $1,899 USD
Apart from the eye-catching design, one of the factors that increase the notebook’s visibility the most is undoubtedly the strip RGB lighting. In this model, Asus did not limit the RGB lighting only to the keyboard section but also extended it to 3 sides from the laptop’s bottom surface.
We believe that the RGB strips reflected on the table from the right, left, and front of the notebook will make the players who like the rising RGB trend of the last period very happy.
You can control these lighting areas’ color and effect changes with the arrow keys or change them through Asus’ Armory Crate software. In the meantime, let’s also say that you can make many more settings through this software.
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 4GB GDDR5 (base: 1395 MHz, Boost: 1560 MHz; TDP: 50W)
- Latest 9th Gen Intel Core i7-9750h Hexa-Core processor. 48WHrs, 3S1P, 3-cell Li-ion battery
- 15.6″ Full HD 1920×1080 IPS Type Display
- 16GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM | 1TB PCIe SSD | Windows 10 Home | Gigabit wave 2 Wi-Fi 5 (802.11AC 2×2)
- Rog intelligent cooling Thermal system with dual 12V fans, anti-dust technology, and adjustable fan modes
Also, see Top 3 Laptop Keyboard Covers Review.
Backlit keyboard laptop models are prone to problems in terms of design and functionality. Therefore, it is useful to consider user comments before purchasing such a device.