We know you came here because you need to know about the best laptop for your engineering program. Maybe you bought different laptops and still it doesn’t give you what you want. Don’t worry, because, with any of the best laptops for engineering students listed here, you will find the answer to the best laptop for engineering students question you want to study in whatever engineering field you learn. If you’re looking for the best laptop for mechanical engineering students or the best laptops for software engineering students, you’ll love this article.
These best laptop for engineering students laptop models are listed based on portability in providing a precise balance of processing power, graphics power, and affordable price. Make sure you consider your engineering field when making your choice because there are different software available.
What Kind of Laptops Should Engineering Students Prefer?
Before moving on to the question of what kind of laptops students should prefer, let’s talk about CPU and RAM if you wish. These are the features that both Civil Engineering students and students studying in another engineering should check first when buying a laptop. Mostly Sap2000, AutoCAD, Revit, 3ds Max, Sketchup, and other 3D rendering and visualization programs are used by Civil Engineers. The requirements of the programs used for other Engineering are more or less the same. So we will consider it as a whole. So this content is suitable for any engineering.
Keep the following points in mind when purchasing a laptop as an engineering student, regardless of engineering school.
- Intel Core i7 is one of the best options for a high-speed processor.
- Even if you can’t buy an i7, make sure the laptop you will buy is at least an 8th generation Intel Core i5.
- Choose a 4-core laptop.
- It is the best choice for 16 GB RAM. You should consider purchasing a 16GB ram laptop model if possible.
- SSD (Solid State Drive) offers good values in terms of storage, speed, and performance.
- When choosing laptop screen and graphics, select 1920 x 1080 resolution, IPS screen type, and a GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) to work with the CPU at the best performance.
- 2-year warranty and damage maintenance, ideal.
Here Are The Best Laptop Models, Specs and Reviews For Engineering Students
1- Newest HP Spectre x360 2-in-1 13.3 inches FHD Touchscreen Laptop – $1,449 USD
This laptop is one of the best laptops for engineering students and one of its newest models. There are two different versions of the HP Specter x360; 13 inches and 15-inch version, but as an engineering student, the 13-inch version is a good choice for you.
- 10th Gen Intel Core i5-1035G4 mobile processor, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
- 13.3″ 4K Ultra HD 3840 x 2160 Touchscreen backlight Display, 360° Flip-And-Fold Design, Intel Iris Plus Graphics
- 1 x USB 3.1 Type-A, 2 x USB 3.1 Type-C, 1 x Micro SD Card Reader, 1 x Headphone/Microphone Combo
- Wireless-AC connectivity, Bluetooth, HD Webcam, Backlit Keyboard, Bang & Olufsen Audio, HP Audio Boost 2.0, Fingerprint Reader, Digital Pen
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit, 2.87 Lbs,4-cell lithium-ion, Silver
2- Samsung Notebook 9 Pro – $1,159 USD
If you’re thinking of buying a solid laptop with a fast, quiet, bright screen and good specs, the Samsung Notebook 9 Pro is the right choice. While this is not the latest Samsung product, it can get your job done. It can also deal with video editing, photoshop projects, and even simulations and coding.
- Brilliant Full HD 15″ 1080p TOUCHSCREEN for hands-on control with a 360-degree flip-and-fold ROTATING display
- Latest 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8550U Processor 1.8GHz base up to 4.00 GHz with TURBO BOOST
- 16GB DDR4 memory; 256GB SSD; AMD Radeon 540 graphics card with 2GB dedicated memory
- Built-in S Pen; HD Webcam; 1x USB Type-C; 2x USB 3.0; HDMI; MicroSD, TPM security
3- Dell Inspiron 15 5000 5577 Gaming Laptop – $881 USD
If you are a mechanical engineering student and need a laptop, the Dell Inspiron i5577 is a nice product that can give you what you want. This laptop can handle any of the mechanical software programs you may encounter in your VBA, Excel, and similar works. Interestingly, Mathcad can handle any consuming computing software like CAD software, computing software like Mathcad, CAD software. So if you are interested in computer engineering, you can still get it.
- 7th Generation Intel Core i5-7300HQ Quad-Core (6MB Cache, up to 3.5 GHz)
- 8GB 2400MHz DDR4 up to 32GB (additional memory sold separately)
- 1TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive, No Optical Drive option
- 15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Display
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
4- Lenovo ThinkPad P51 20HH000CUS – $2,479 USD
When you need a laptop that reflects desktop classroom performance for 3D modeling or machine learning applications, the Lenovo ThinkPad P51 is the answer.
The most impressive thing about the Lenovo ThinkPad P51 is that it passes 11 different MIL-STD tests, which means it can withstand external stress like the one that comes packed in your backpack every day.
The four 5 Gb/s USB 3.0 Type-A ports can be used to add peripherals such as external storage, optical drives, printers, memory card readers, and more
The system uses a Gigabit Ethernet controller for Internet access when connected to a router, modem, or network switch
Additional compatible peripherals, such as mice, keyboards, headsets, and more may be paired using Bluetooth 4.1 technology
Max Memory: 64 GB
Also see: Best Laptop Models For College Students
I think you have removed the question marks in your mind about Best Laptop for engineering students. As we mentioned above, we recommend that you choose a configuration according to your engineering branch.
Thanks for your time and reading. Please leave your questions about this subject in the comment section, we will answer in the fastest way.