Are you about to entering music industry and looking best laptops for music production? OK, here your detailed buyer’s guide; laptops for music production.
We’re in the last days of 2020, going into 2021 (Happy New Year!) There’s never been a significantly better time for recording music in the home. The latest laptops produced for music production in recent years are making it possible to create studio-quality recordings from anywhere.
Moreover, with the rapid development of technology and the internet, you can share your records online. In this way, you also have the opportunity to create a music-loving audience for yourself. Who knows, maybe you will be one of the music stars whose videos are watched millions of times on youtube in the new year?
Today we’ll give information about the best laptops for music production 2020 and the best budget laptops for music production. We have tried to write this article in sufficient detail for you.
What Are the Best Laptops For Music Production 2020?
As there are rules to be aware of before purchasing any laptop, almost the same restrictions apply to a music production laptop. Let’s look at these in order:
Processor issue is crucial for your job. It wouldn’t make much sense to buy a laptop with a simple or technologically outdated CPU. You should choose at least a laptop model with intel core i5 or AMD Ryzen 5 series to avoid problems such as slowing down, heating, or even freezing the computer during an audio rendering. By the way, you can also read our best ryzen 5 laptop models anytime you’d like to.
If you are not going to use the laptop for a short time, your RAM choice should be at least 8GB. It should even be 16GB if possible. RAM’s computer task is to transfer the processed data to the screen as an image in the fastest way possible. Another important issue here is before you buy the laptop, can you install an extra ram on your chosen model in the future? We recommend that you learn this. For the highest performance, you should read our 64GB ram laptops guide.
3- Disks (Storage)
One of the most common problems today is the speed of information reading. Although most of this problem has been lost with SSD disks, we recommend that you choose at least 256 GB SSD when selecting a laptop for music production. With SSD disks, you can process information at the speed you want.
After giving this brief but essential information, now is the time to share laptops for music production 2020.
Laptop Models To Look For Music Production
1- New Apple MacBook Pro with Apple M1 Chip – $1,299 USD
New Apple MacBook Pro with Apple M1 Chip – USD 1,299
Apple is quite ambitious with the M1 chip. With this 8-core processor, you can handle complex operations with high speed and performance. The M1 chip and macOS Big Sur work together to make the system faster. By the way, this model has the most extended battery life ever found on a Mac: up to 20 hours.
You can also buy the model that comes with 256 GB SSD with 512 GB SSD. The 256 GB SSD model has 8GB of ram.
- Apple-designed M1 chip for a giant leap in CPU, GPU, and machine learning performance
- Get more done with up to 20 hours of battery life, the longest ever in a Mac
- 8-core CPU delivers up to 2.8x faster performance to fly through workflows quicker than ever
- 8-core GPU with up to 5x faster graphics for graphics-intensive apps and games
- 16-core Neural Engine for advanced machine learning
- 8GB of unified memory, so everything you do is fast and fluid
- Superfast SSD storage launches apps and opens files in an instant
2- Dell XPS 13 9300 Laptop – 13.3″ 4K UHD – $1,999 USD
As you can see from its name, this device with a 13-inch screen is both fragile and very stylish. We can say that this model is a complete ultrabook. Dell has started to offer Dolby Vision technology with this model. This gives you an amazing viewing experience.
If we talk about performance, the model with a 10th generation intel core i7 processor comes with 1 TB SSD and 32GB ram.
There are two thunderbolt inputs for high-bandwidth data transfer. We think this part is vital for music producers and musicians, as it can be understood from the thunderbolt name when you choose to connect a musical instrument.
We can easily say that with this model, you can record your music without any problem and upload it to the online environment instantly.
- Dell 13.4″ XPS 13 9300 Multi-Touch Laptop (Platinum Silver)
- 10th Generation Intel(R) Core( TM) i7-1065G7 Processor (8MB Cache, up to 3.9 GHz)
- 13.4″ UHD+ (3840 x 2400) InfinityEdge Touch Anti-Reflective 500-Nit Display
- 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive – 32GB 3733MHz LPDDR4x Memory Onboard
- Windows 10 pro – Black Backlit English Keyboard with Fingerprint Reader
3- Razer Blade 15 Studio Edition 2020 – $3,799USD
Powered by Intel’s 10th generation 8-core Core i7 processor, the Razer Blade 15 Studio Edition has 32 GB of RAM and an NVIDIA Quadro RTX 5000 graphics card. Razer Blade 15 Studio Edition, which has high-end hardware features, promises its users excellent performance.
Imagine a perfectly powerful gaming laptop, and imagine you have a business laptop with that power. I think we can describe this product best with this sentence.
Razer Blade 15 Studio Edition can be described as one of the best mobile workstations. This laptop is meant for professionals, especially those working in media, games, or any industry requiring complex 3D modeling.
- The 8-Core 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10875H processor provides the ultimate performance level with up to 5. 1GHz Max Turbo.
- Studio Ready: The NVIDIA GeForce, RTX 2080 Super with Max-Q Design (8GB GDDR6 VRAM) graphics, is up to 25% faster than the original RTX 20 Series with more cores and higher clocks.
- Vivid Visuals: The 4K OLED touch display delivers blazing-fast 1ms response time and a wide color range covering 100% of the DCI-P3 space, while the HDR 400 True Black ensures deep blacks and vibrant colors.
- Thin and Compact: The CNC aluminum unibody frame houses incredible performance in the most compact footprint possible while remaining remarkably durable and just 0. 7″ light.
- Innovative Cooling: A unique vacuum-sealed, liquid-filled, copper vapor chamber spans the heat-generating components and is the key to getting maximum performance and user comfort in a compact, thin design.
Thanks for taking your time and reading the best laptops for music production 2020 article. You can leave your questions and comments in the comment section.
By registering for our newsletter on the right sidebar, we can instantly inform you about these daily articles.
Also, see 2019’s Best Gaming Laptop Models.
Are Laptops For Music Production Expensive?
Minimum price for this kind of laptop model is staring from approximately 1.300$.
What’s To Look For in A Laptop For Music Production?
You should first look for high-end processor, minimum of 16 GB RAM and high disk-storage.
What Are The Best Laptops For Music Production?
Our picks are; Apple MacBook Pro with Apple M1 Chip, Dell XPS 13 9300 4K UHD and Razer Blade 15 Studio Edition. You read full details and specifications in the post.